Check Out The Top 5 Oils To Seal Moisture In Your Hair This Winter
1. Jojoba oil is an extract of the seeds of jojoba plant, also known as Simmondsia chinensis. Jojoba oil is the very similar to the oil your scalps naturally produces called Sebum. When applied to your scalp it can reduce and eliminate problems like dandruff and hair loss simply by massaging it into your scalp. By doing so it will improve your blood circulation and stimulate the hair follicles to grow rapidly. It is an excellent hair conditioner, which can be used to get rid of dry and frizzy hair. It can seal in the moisture in the hair shaft and add a natural glow and luster to your hair, by minimizing the damage caused by harsh chemicals and pollutants.
2. Castor Oil – Castor Oil contains vitamin E, minerals, proteins, antibacterial and anti-fungicidal properties. These properties enable it to protect the scalp and hair from microbial and fungal infections, the two prime causes for hair loss. The fatty acids in it nourish the hair and prevent the scalp from drying by retaining moisture. Castor oil adds shine, controls split ends, moisturizes and thickens your hair.
3. Avocado oil – It is an edible oil that is extracted from the avocado fruit pulp and has a sweet and nutty aroma. It contains essential nutrients like proteins, vitamins A, D, E and B6, magnesium, copper, iron, amino acids and folic acid, all of which is extremely essential for hair growth and nourishment. It is also a rich source of lecithin which gives it good penetrative qualities. It is also known to have natural sunscreen properties that can protect the hair and scalp from the damage caused by the harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun. It works better when blended with other oils like almond oil or olive oil which are also very good for hair care.
4. Grapeseed Oil – is a light green colored oil that is almost odorless and has a light non greasy texture. This makes it an ideal oil for applying to hair for those people who are put off by the greasiness of other hair oils like olive oil and coconut oil. it moisturizes and nourishes the hair making it soft and manageable. Using grape seed oil for hair growth is also recommended since vitamin E and linoleic acid present in grape seed oil helps to strengthen hair. Grape seed oil strengthens the hair follicles and makes hair strong and healthy. Dry, rough and frizzy hair can also benefit from the use of grape seed oil as it smooths the hair cuticles, sealing in the moisture and making each hair strand strong.
5. Sweet Almond Oil – Sweet almond oil is a fixed and pale yellow oil which is made using bitter and sweet almonds. This oil is rich in many important nutrients. It has high levels of mono and polyunsaturated fatty acids, and vitamins like A, B1, B2, B6, D and E. Almond oil greatly helps to nourish hair and smooth hair cuticles. It also makes hair strong, long and thick. You can use almond oil for massaging scalp, to increase blood circulation. And by applying it to hair, you can add shine to dull hair. As almond oil makes an excellent carrier oil, you can mix it with neem oil or tea tree oil and use it to massage the scalp, whenever suffering from dandruff. If you wish to control hair fall, then by regularly applying almond oil to your hair, you can greatly reduce hair fall. Mixing it with other essential oil like lavender oil and rosemary oil can also help.